Usually it seems like western Canada is the hot spot for summer fires though this year a lot of Northern Ontario is feeling the heat. There has been a fire ban for a week now and Timmins and Kirkland Lake have both had some evacuations from their outskirts. I know a few people that work as MNR Fire Rangers in the summer and one of them, Colton had this photo posted on facebook of him holding a baby beaver yesterday, so I thought I’d steal it and put it up on Reddit. I asked for his consent after the fact… I liked it because it just seemed iconically Canadian, plus it’s an excellent reminder of the hard work these guys are doing for the communities. Colton is also pretty impressive when it comes to singing Limp Bizkit at Karaoke, but that’s another story…
May 25, 2012
But Ward, what about the Beave?
This entry was posted on Friday, May 25th, 2012 at 12:35 pm and tagged with afro, baby, beaver, canadian, elk lake, evacuations, fire, forest fire, gogama, kirkland lake, mnr, northern ontario, ranger, rescue, smoke, temiskaming, timmins, truely canadian eh? and posted in Canada did this!, Cool Stuff, News, Northern Ontario. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- @officialjaden, @will_smith @djjazzyjeff215, @alfonso_ribeiro and even @OfficialBCooper) in the mix on Graham Norton wp.me/p24wxm-jh 4 hours ago
- #manofsteel or man of pi either way, awesome #shirt #superman #pi redbubble.com/people/gerrori… 2 days ago
- #nerd #geek #clothes shirt redbubble.com/people/gerrori… 2 weeks ago
- cool master of coin shirt gerrorism.com/2013/04/30/gor… #got #lannister 3 weeks ago
- Stoked for #calgaryexpo today! 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages